It’s Design Build Institute of America (DBIA) Awards submission season and we want your nominations for our worthy Design Build projects that meet the specific criteria outlined below and will be selected as AWARD WINNING!
Projects must meet these minimum requirements:
- Completed and Owner-occupied after March 31, 2020 and before March 24, 2023
Note: We have a rolling 3-year window for submitting completed projects so if you have a worthy project that we should keep any eye on that will be completed after March 31, 2021 or later, we will keep a list to consider for future years of the cycle.
- Completed under a single point of responsibility contract
Note: this means it must be a Design Build contract.
- Completed on or ahead of schedule
- Completed within budget (if cost/schedule overruns resulted from Owner-directed changes or unusual/unforeseen conditions, we can explain the circumstances approved by owner.)
- Completed with no claims or litigation
- Project met or exceeded Owner expectations as demonstrated by a letter from the Owner
- Completed with no OSHA recordable fatalities
Note: Bold categories are the ones we think are most matched with our project types but please consider the whole list, especially in looking ahead to future years to submit.
- Commercial Buildings
- Educational Facilities
- Federal, State, County, Municipal
- Healthcare Facilities
- Industrial, Process and/or Research Facilities
- Office Buildings
- Rehabilitation, Renovation and/or Restoration
Submissions are rigorously judged by DBIA jurors and evaluated for design-build process, excellence in design and teaming performance.